Sunday, July 06, 2003
11:09 PM || Gonna recap about the past couple days again.
4th of July; I had such a great time on Friday! Well first, I headed off to CPE to help Jessica and Catherine work at Jess' mom's temple's game booth for a couple hours. It was a lot of fun watching the kids get all excited when they made 1 of the 3 rings/balls into the bucket! Haha, and what was cool was watching Catherine play the "knock the bottles over" game next door, and winning both times! So she won 2 of these cool portable chair thingees that everybody wanted. She has a strong arm guys! Watch out! =D After CPE, we three girls went to Tina's house to meet up with Tina, Gloria, and Liz. We played pessoy for a while, and decided to watch Legally Blonde 2 at The Block. Liz ended up not feeling so well, so the five of us drove to The Block in Jessica's car just in time to catch the movie. I thought the movie was pretty cute. But definitely not as good as the first one. After the movie, we were all hungry, so we ate at Jody Maroni's Sausage Shop, stuffing ourselves with haut dogs and sausages. Good stuff. =D Then, we wanted to watch the fireworks at Downtown Disney, so we started on our drive over there. Well as we predicted, the streets were really busy, so we decided to pump up the fun factor & play really loud, bumpin' music as every car we passed stared at us in horror. LOL! Catherine was SO hilarious, doing her crazy funky dance moves, as these hot white guys in the car next to us danced with her. You just had to be there. Hehe. Then Gloria and Cat started screaming at each other, and me (lucky me!) had to sit right in between both of them. It was quite a scene really. Anyway, we ended up missing the fireworks because the traffic was really heavy, but it was all good because from where we were, we just hopped on top of the car [sun]roof and watched from there. It was good times right there. ;D After that, we headed back to Artesia so we could do our own fireworks. We called some of the guys over, and Ryan, Brian, Daniel, and some other guys came along. Tina had this one crazy one that flew in the air and almost hit the tree! Brian, being the genius that he is, aimed a Roman Candle at one of the neighbor's backyard, and hit it! We were scared that the house or tree was gonna go on fire. LOL! We spent a good hour and a half just having fun with the fireworks, then called it a night. Got home close to midnight with a slight stomachache, but had loads of fun nonetheless. Great 4th of July thanks to my girls!
Double Date; Last night, around 10:30p, Jay's older sister Jenny planned on double-dating with her date and me and Jay. So her date, Jason, picked me up, and off to The Block we were to watch Terminator 3. We got there just in time for the movie, and ended up watching in the very front seats of the theater cause it was really packed. I predicted that when Kristanna Loken, the Terminatrix, came on the screen, that a lot of the audience (comprised of 75% males) would be whistling and clapping for her. And when her nude scene came out, of course, that's what happened. All these Latino boys sitting behind us were hooting & whistling, I couldn't help but laugh. But I have to admit, Kristanna is really pretty and has a damn nice body (she's on the cover of my new Shape mag). She's like 5'11" or something. I'm guessing that she's gonna be cast into a lot of butt-kicking female roles after this movie. Anyway, the movie was alright, nothing too mind-blowing except for the special effects, but all Terminator movies have a lot of special effects. I thought T2 was still the best. Trilogies usually aren't all great anyway. By the time the movie was over, it was already close to 1am, so we just decided to head on home. I think double dates are a really good way for people to get to know each other better especially if they are nervous about meeting one-on-one. Looked like Jenny hit it off with Jason pretty well, so maybe that was a success? Haha I don't know. I can't wait to go on more dates with my babe this summer. =)
Accomplishments; So far, I've been really productive in terms of working on those AP assignments. I finished defining the 144 terms for AP Lit, and am almost done reading The Girls in the Van for AP Civics. I have yet to begin the AP Calc assignment though. =( I gotta keep up this work ethic, or else it's gonna go back to the usual procrastination that I am so famous for. Haha! =D
Friendster; Join Friendster guys! It's pretty cool. Write me a testimonial while you're at it too! The email address I used is joanna_soon@hotmail.com. Be my friend! =D
Blog Suggestions; It's sad because I don't get any more comments on my blogs. Maybe because I'm posting about crap basically. I mean, who really wants to know what I did every day of my summer vacation, right? So, is there anything in particular that you, the reader, want me to blog about? Suggestions are always welcome. =)