<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4049886?origin\x3dhttp://jothed0rk.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

4:26 PM || Angela has been all over me trying to get me to blog so here I go again with my recap of the past couple days.

Monday; What a fun-filled day hanging out with Steph! Well at first, I was just gonna accompany her to go find new sunglasses, but turns out that I had my little shopping adventure of my own. I didn't have any money on me, so I cashed in a check I had for $64 at the bank. Then, we went to Thai BBQ (they have the best pad-seeyoo!) to go look for her sunglasses cause she thought she lost them there, but unfortunately returned with no luck. So we headed over to Duke & Duchess, looked for the sunglasses she wanted, and again, no luck. So I found me a pair of black Roxy flip flops which I bought for $9. They have so many cute purses/bags there, so I think I'm gonna go back to buy this one Hurley I had my eye on. Next, we went to the mall to go find me a new swimsuit since I can't seem to find my fuschia/purple Billabong one. We went to PacSun, tried on A LOT of halter two-pieces, and finally settled on this turquoise one with tropical prints. I like it cause it's really secure and comfortable, with enough padding to avoid those fripple-fests. [LOL!] I also snagged myself 2 Billabong halter tops for $7 a piece. Great deal for some cute halters. =) There were a lot of people at the mall that day too. We saw Brian, Albert, Link, and Ki, as well as Danton, Terry, Young, and their friend. After the mall, I wanted to go thread my eyebrows but I had only had $3 on me. So Steph offered to pay for the other $3 because she really wanted to see what all the fuss about this threading fad was. She even sat right next to me [which made me a little uncomfortable] as the threading lady was pulling away at all my little stray eyebrow hairs. Strangely, the left eye always seems to hurt more than the right eye. Maybe because everytime I go to get my eyebrows done, the people always make my left eyebrow much thinner than the right! BLAH. Oh well. I was just glad that after weeks of growing them out, they were nicely shaped and clean again. =D Then, Stephanie had this sudden urge to eat the ever-so-famous Korean soondooboo [tofu soup], so she offered to lend me another $7 for that. Goood stuff man. I can never get enough of that. YUMM. ;P And after about 6 hours spent together, Steph dropped me off at home and the adventure ends there. Thanks Stephanie for a great day!

Tuesday; The day started off with Steph picking me up, and then heading over to Regional for another morning of jogging. We had a great jog for a little less than an hour, saw Amy walking her dog, and endured the summer heat. Afterwards, we went over to JT's place, where a lot of the church people were hanging around. Howard, Caitlin, April, Teddy, Lyndsey, Hashi, and Matt were there. We hung around for a bit, then went home because we had to shower, get ready for the ASB meeting at 2pm. Then Steph picked me up again to go to school for the meeting. We talked about uniforms, the softball game, this new LCD screen thingee we're getting for the school, Camp [next wed-fri! yay!] and Homecoming ideas. Turns out that the meeting lasted almost 3 hours! Whoa mama! The Homecoming ideas were pretty cool, and Steph and I were just glad that our idea got voted for the Top 3. [I won't go into details with that, just ask me about it if you want.] On the ride back home, we stopped by at JT's house again, and saw that Eugene and Derek were there too so that was cool. Then got home, got ready to go out with Jay, but found out that the date was gonna be postponed cause we were just gonna chill with Scott and Howie. Jay picked me up, went to his place, and had some good times hanging out with the boys. Then the guys attempted to play baseball, but Howie got the tennis ball stuck in a tree so the game was cut short. Got hungry so went to Albertaco's, but kinda got in an argument with Jay, so I didn't feel like eating. Scott and Jay picked up their vending machine that they bought from eBay that morning, so they were anxious to see how it worked. After a couple of tries, they got it to work, and so their vending machine business is off to a good start. They still have to find a place to put it, so if you have any suggestions, comments are welcome. Scott and Howie left, and it was quite the awkward moment when it was just Jay and me alone because I wasn't really talking to him because of the argument. I don't know how things worked out, but it just did. Without ever talking about the argument, we "kissed and made up", and everything was okay again.

Strange how that always happen. It's like, we've found this common ground as to where we stand on certain issues, and stupid little arguments aren't even worth fighting over anymore. We've fought long and hard to get where we are now, and it's useless going back and arguing over the same things over and over again when we've argued about it in the past. We've learned to allow little things like this pass over and not allow it to interfere with our relationship, and instead focus on the positive side of things. [I think by now, I've used the "thing" word more than enough times that Mr. Cox would be well over disappointed in me. Oh well. GOODBYE KU KLUX KLOX!] I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that throughout our 2 years of experiences together, we never let the worst of things get to us by staying optimistic. It's really a good lesson to be learned. I guess our "making up" without ever really apologizing or anything really is what that quote says: "Love is never having to say you're sorry."

Today; I finished all 287 pages of the book, The Girls in the Van, for AP Civics today! Now I still have to read 4 other books. Did I ever tell you how much I loathe reading? It sickens me when people say, "I couldn't put the book down because it was so good!" Ugh. It's weird. I never was one of those bookworms who read for fun. Maybe if I got into Harry Potter, I'd turn out to be a bookworm. Actually, I did read the first book, but it was never that amusing to me that I didn't bother to finish it. Hah. Maybe books just aren't for me.

 

online

Eargasm



Ryan Cabrera - Take It All Away
Yellowcard - Empty Apartment
Jojo & Bow Wow - Baby It's You
Babyface - Reason for Breathing
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

Joanna

18, Chinese & Filipino, Cerritos, CHS '04, UCLA '08, 021404 <3


pictures / design / host

Flashback

December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 November 2004 December 2004